After months and months of preparation it’s finally Country Music Week in London.
We are so pleased to have industry leaders from across North America staying right here in London. This is the largest music-focused event our city has ever hosted. Country Music Week is expected to have a local economic impact of over $10-million.
London is truly a music city. We have made it a priority to showcase our local talent on a national and global level through the creation of the London Music Office and the London Music Hall of Fame.
Thank you to Tourism London and the host committee for all of the hard work leading up to the launch of Country Music Week. You have made our city proud and shown Canada that London is on.
Not only is London a leader in the arts, but also medical innovation.
This week it was announced that Western University has been granted $66-million for brain research. This will allow teams of researchers in London to better understand Alzheimer's, brain trauma, stroke and Parkinson’s Disease. Congratulations.
The grant, made available through the Canada First Research Excellence Fund, is the largest in the university’s history. Congratulations to all of the researchers and Western University partners involved.
Mayor Matt Brown
Welcoming the Western University Class of 2020
At the launch of Country Music Week artists vs. London Knights hockey game
Western welcomes 5,000 students to residence
- Commemorating 36 years of Terry Fox runs
- Western Fair keeps tradition fresh
Events and Occasions:
- Al-Taqwa Academy Grand Opening
- Welcoming the Western University Class of 2020 at Orientation Week
- Met with Chris Campbell of Tourism London about Country Music Week
- Met with Joy Bevan of the VON
- Met with Jen Pastorius of the Old East BIA
- Met with Shawn Lewis regarding Vimy Ridge Memorial
- Toured Huron College and met with Dr. Craig
- Attended the London Music Office’s Country Music Week Showcase
- Country Music Week hockey game launch with artists and London Knights
- Retirement send off for City Engineer John Braam
Dropping the puck at the launch of Country Music Week artists vs. London Knights hockey game