Back to school commercials are on TV and it is once again time to start thinking about rounding up supplies, packing lunches and sending children on the bus.
The London Police Service and London Police Association are teaming up with the “Gen Next” program within the United Way of London & Middlesex to provide students with the supplies they need.
The “Gen Next” Backpack Drive is hoping you can donate the following items:
• Lunch bags
• Exercise booklets
• Round tip scissors
• Pencil sharpeners
• Glue sticks
• Pencil crayons
• Pencil cases
• 3-hole lined paper
• Wax crayons
• Reusable snack/drink containers
• Calculators/Scientific calculators
There are a number of ways to donate: dropping off items at London Police Headquarters (601 Dundas Street), at the London Police Association (330 William Street), or on Drop-Off Night August 17 at the TVDSB Building in the atrium (1250 Dundas Street).
Spread the word, and let’s make the first day of school something to look forward to for everyone.
For more information, visit the United Way website here: http://unitedwaylm.ca/gennext/backpack-drive/
Walking with my council colleagues in the annual London Pride Parade.
- More than $1-million raised for MS Bike Tour
- Proposal to widen Wonderland Rd. could be biggest in city history
- Second highrise project by Rygar gets rubber stamp from committee
- City hall scrambling to keep up with demand for construction permits and inspections
- UberEATS launches in London
- London Majors begin playoff run against Burlington
- London real estate numbers cool off in July
- Inclusion strategy vision statement presented ahead of meeting with councilors
- Thousands attend London Pride Parade
- Opioid crisis working group passed by committee
- Canadian Blood Services asking for donations ahead of long weekend
- London Room celebrates 50th anniversary
- What’s open and closed for the long weekend?
- Health unit says fentanyl showing up in marijuana
- London jobless rate hits 10-year low
Events and Occasions:
- London Pride Parade
- London Health Sciences Foundation Fundraiser BBQ
Congratulating the newlyweds who were married during the London Pride Parade.
Speaking to Londoners at the band shell at Victoria Park during Pride London Festival.