This week the new 16,000 square-foot Boler Mountain chalet opened. The $6.1 million dollar investment includes a banquet hall and full kitchen. The opening of this chalet is perfectly timed with the snow that we received this week and I know so many Londoners are looking forward to hitting the hill.
City Crews are working diligently to ensure roads and sidewalks are clear. They will continue to monitor the forecast and have plows at the ready. Thank you everyone for your patience as we deal with this first blast of winter weather. To report an issue contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Council, we recognized the amazing work that LUSO Community Services, PH Spa & Salon, Sanctuary London, and River Christie-White have done and continue to do within our community.
These businesses and individuals are leaders in promoting diversity, race relations and inclusivity across London. My most sincere thanks to those who make it their priority to work toward a London where all feel welcome and included. Congratulations again to all the Diversity, Race Relations & Inclusivity Award recipients.
As the holidays approach, we invite everyone to attend the Mayor’s Holiday Party on Tuesday, December 19th in Victoria Park for skating and hot chocolate.
Please visit the event page on Facebook and RSVP your attendance.
At the FCM Green Municipal Fund Announcement at the Stoney Creek YMCA with MP Peter Fragiskatos, Government of Canada Councillor Clark Somerville, MP Kate Young and Councillor Harold Usher. This funding will help Sifton West 5 and Sierra Construction with green energy research.
Events and Occasions:
- Argyle BIA Santa Clause Parade
- Boler Mountain community open house/ribbon cutting
- Meeting with Janette MacDonald of the Downtown BIA
- ANOVA Guinness world record event
- Rapid transit public participation meetings
- Diversity, Race Relations & Inclusivity Reception
- Salvation Army Christmas Kettle
- Meeting with Robert Hill of the Old South BIA
- Meet and greet with residents of Kensington Village
- FCM Green Municipal Fund Ontario Announcement
- Meeting with Garrett Rodman of the London Heritage Council
- Meeting with Jen Pastorius of the Old East Village BIA
- Visit and coffee with residents of Village of Glendale Crossing
- Londoners give thumbs up to $6.1 million project at Boler Mountain
- City crews working hard to keep sidewalks clear of snow
- How a horse is helping a military veteran deal with his PTSD
- Corus Radio London drive-thru toy drives collects hundreds of toys, $19k for Salvation Army
- London Area Housing Starts Beat 2006 Record in November
- Police Services Board meetings to be held at City Hall
- Local gift ideas to help round out your Christmas shopping list
- Next Step Taken in High Speed Rail
- CTV London and Area Works
- Spirit of Giving
River Christie-White performing in Council Chambers
- The Mayor and Council recognized The London Plan and ReThink London for receiving the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and Heart and Stroke Foundations join Healthy Communities Award.
- The Mayor and Council celebrated this year’s recipients of the Diversity, Race Relations and Inclusivity Award (DRRIA).
- Council requested staff investigate and report back to the Corporate Services Committee with respect to the implications of changing the Council and Standing Committee meeting schedule in terms of time of day and day of the week.
- Council received the staff report on the Toilets are not Garbage Cans education and communications program for information.
- Council established a new Council Policy establishing guidelines for the potential location of cannabis retail stores in London.
- Council repealed and replaced the bylaws to update the program guidelines for the Downtown, Old East Village, SoHo and Industrial lands Community Improvement Project Plan Financial Incentive Programs.
- Council approved the Parking Strategy for Downtown London.
- Council received the Community Mental Health and Addiction Strategy for London: Moving Forward Together for information.
- Council approved the 2018 Annual Budget Update.
Recognizing LUSO Community Services, PH Spa & Salon, Sanctuary London, and River Christie-White as Diversity, Race Relations & Inclusivity Award recipients.