This month, I had the pleasure of joining many local organizations and assisting in making this time of year just a little bit more special for individuals and families in need of support over the holidays.
Thank you to the thousands of volunteers and many local organizations that make all of this possible during this busy time of the year.
A big thank you to everyone who joined me for my Annual Holiday Party. It was fantastic to see so many smiling faces of all ages skating, enjoying hot chocolate and having fun at Victoria Park.
City Crews are continuing to work diligently to ensure roads and sidewalks are clear and safe for all. We will be expecting more snow in the forecast this holiday session. If you are experiencing issues with snow removal after forty-eight hours of a snow fall, please contact Service London to report any issues.
I hope you can all join me for the Start.ca New Year’s Eve in the Park. The event is free and the City of London is also extending overnight parking at 19 municipal lots in the downtown, Richmond Row and Old East areas of the City for New Year’s Eve. Individuals who choose to park their vehicles at a municipal parking lot on New Year’s Eve only need to pay until midnight and can leave their vehicles for free until New Year’s Day at 1pm.
I encourage everyone to utilize the parking and avoid drinking and driving. Please visit the LTC website for the holiday bus schedule for a safe ride home. On New Year’s Eve it will be free of charge from 8pm to 1am.
This is the time of year to relax, rejoice and spend time with the important people in your life. It is also a time to reflect and take on opportunities to help those in need in our community and beyond. I hope you cherish your time spent with family, friends and neighbours.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
Mayor’s Holiday Party at Victoria Park
Chain of Volunteers helping Angels in the Night with Delivery Day
Events and Occasions:
- Hannukah Lighting of the Menorah at City Hall
- Meeting with Landon Tulk & Tobi Solebo from Western USC
- Meeting with Chad Boutros & Oz Hamid from Cellular Magician
- Meeting with Lori Joseph from London Community Woodshop
- Photo with Suffragette Reenactors to celebrate 100 years of women having the vote
- Angels in the Night Delivery Day
- Mayor’s Holiday Party
- Visit to 2091 Mountbatten Place for Christmas Light Show
- London Police Service Board Meeting
- Meals on Wheels/The Village Table
- St. Joe’s Basketball Court Renamed in Honour of Coach
- Western University research finds 10 minutes of exercise can boost focus
- How a photo with Santa could help London kids this Christmas
- London’s Grand Theatre opens doors to deaf patrons and actors
- Team Canada shines and so does Budweiser Gardens crowd
- City Lots Allow Overnight Parking New Year’s Eve
- St. Joe’s celebrates patients and the medical advances helping them live longer lives
Thank you to everyone who joined me for my Annual Holiday Party