Today, my team and I volunteered at the Salvation Army Christmas Hamper. The Salvation Army helps more than 6,600 children in London. They ensure that everyone has an enjoyable Christmas.
They would not be able to do this without the support of business and citizens of London. Donations are still very much needed for the Christmas Hamper.
The Salvation Army is specifically looking for toys and activities for youth aged 7-12 years old. They can be dropped off at the Progress Building at the Western Fair District between the hours of 9am-4pm Monday through Friday.
This week, the outdoor ice skating rink in Victoria Park was opened to the public.
This time of year is full of joy for many, it is a time to come together and celebrate. In honour of the holiday season, I would like to invite you to my annual holiday party for a night of skating, fun and appreciation.
Please visit the event page on Facebook and RSVP your attendance. https://www.facebook.com/events/303992143440817/.
I encourage everyone to take some time this holiday season to visit the beautiful lights at Victoria Park, enjoy some ice skating and take a stroll. I look forward to seeing you all at Victoria Park on December 19th.
Volunteering at the Salvation Army Christmas Hamper
- St. Thomas home builder Doug Tarry aims to aid ‘desperate’ village
- Kellogg plant obstacle tower reaches new heights
- Western students respond to food insecurity via Google Doc
- Province pours $3 million into London’s cycling infrastructure
- Good Samaritans pay parking at the London Regional Cancer Care Program
- Group Homeless Helpers handed out needed supplies at this time of year
- Santa’s House back at Victoria Park to help sick children
- Snow-making operations well underway at Boler Mountain
- ‘Lock it OR Lose It’: Police in Ontario set to size up drivers’ crime prevention smarts
- London ceremony honours victims of violence against women
- Three London connections are headed to Team Canada’s final World Junior selection camp
- Veterans share their stories in a new book from London’s Parkwood Institute
- Police Board Gets Indigenous Member
- Meals on Wheels London is redefining itself in the local social enterprise space
Events and Occasions:
- Lighting of the Lights in Wortley Village
- Tour of Canadian Centre for Product Validation
- Rick Hansen Access4All Event at The Clay Art Centre
- Meeting with Davyd Balloch
- Decorate Christmas Tree with L’Arche
- Meeting with Bruce Stock of Royal Canadian Legion
- Meeting with Madelaine Coelho from Arcane
- Visited residents at Oakcrossing Retirement Home
- LEDC Board Meeting & Holiday Open House
- Argyle BIA visit for Tour of City Hall & Mayor’s Office
- Salvation Army Christmas Hamper
- LiUNA Local 1059 Holiday Celebration
- Meeting with Jen Pastorius, Greg Thompson & Frank Filice of Old East Village BIA
- Visited Huron College’s Management and Organization Consulting Showcase
L’Arche visited the Mayor’s Office to help decorate our Christmas Tree
Argyle BIA visited City Hall & Mayor’s Office for a tour