This week we had the pleasure of giving back to the community.
City Council handed over a cheque to the London Food Bank for over $18,000 and more than 3,600 lbs of food. City employees participated in various fundraising activities and surpassed what they raised last year.
Council also recognized the Founder of Jesse's Journey, John Davidson. John pushed his son Jesse across Canada in 1995 to raise funds for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
In 1998 John started on foot from St. John's, Newfoundland to continue Jesse’s 286 day journey across the country. The journey allowed John to launch the Jesse Davidson Endowment to fund research.
After 20 years they have granted more than $9-million to researchers who are working toward finding treatments and a cure for Duchenne. They are on track to reach their goal of granting $10-million.
I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy some of the activities happening in our City this Family Day Weekend.
Recognizing Jesse's Journey at London City Council
Events and Occasions:
- Meeting with Landon and Tobi (Western USC)
- Meeting with Sheryl Abbey
- Picture with the individuals and organizers from the Hearts of London/Middlesex Congenital Heart Defect Awareness
- London Police Services Board Meeting
- Soup and Chilli Lunch at Childreach
- Meeting at Chippewas of the Thames First Nation with Chief Henry
Thanks to Ruby, Colin and their grandfather for visiting City Hall.
- Proposed London Shelter for Homeless Youth, “Critical” Experts Say
- London City Hall: Hosting JUNOS Will Cost City $1.7 Million
- Ron James Brings Satirical Eye to Grand Theatre
- Olympics: Londoner Alex Kopacz, Josh Kirkpatrick Eye Bobsled Gold
- London Lightning Ups its Lead in NBL Central Division by Holding Down the Edge
- Western University Promises Action to Improve Mental Health Services
- How Buying Clothing From a London Company Can Help Olympians
- Grocery Delivery Service Comes to London
- Memorial Held for Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls
- Playwright’s Own Journey Weaved into Addiction
- Photography a Key Part of Local Award-winning Field Guide
- New Regulations Keep Street Checks by London Police in Check
- Marc Hall Promises to See London High School Students’ Performance of Prom Queen, The Musical About Hall’s Prom Date Fight
- Londoners Want More Police Officer Foot Patrols
- Former MP To Head High Speed Rail Project
- Canada Wins First Gold Medal of 2018 Games
Redemption as Canada's Luge Relay Team Slides to Silver in PyeongChang
Meeting with Landon Tulk and Tobi Solebo from Western USC