Bus Rapid Transit is moving forward in London and council is looking for your input.
This summer there will be multiple opportunities for public consultation on the BRT project. We want your input. On June 21 there will be 2 open house drop-in sessions 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5 – 8 p.m. at London’s Central Library located at 251 Dundas St.
If you are unable to make one of the open houses there will be 10 ‘Transit Tuesday’ drop-in sessions at 3 – 7 p.m. from July 10 – September 11 located at the Rapid Transit Office, on the second floor of the Central Library.
You can check out this short video for more information on how to get involved and have your voice heard. An interactive map has also been created that includes an area where you can provide feedback.
The Children’s Festival returns to London this weekend. The festival includes free activities for the whole family. You can also buy a ride all day bracelet for $20; parents ride for free with a child under 13 with the bracelet.
It’s going to be a gorgeous weekend so even if you don’t have little ones, make sure you get outside and check out what’s happening in our city. For more information on events in London click here.
Speaking at the Canadian Blood Services Event
Events and Occasions:
- Run to Support My Sisters' Place
- Autism Speaks Canada Walk
- Annual Decoration Ceremony for London Veterans Memorial & Graves Committee
- Canadian Blood Services Honouring Event
- Big Bike Ride for Heart & Stroke
- United Way Elgin & Middlesex Day of Caring Event
- Grand Opening for Medpoint's Location at West 5
- ONERUN Cheque Presentation
- Brian Young Award for Elder Abuse London Middlesex
Speaking at United Way Elgin & Middlesex Day of Caring Event
- Cost-Saving Pilot to Make Child Care More Affordable for London, Middlesex Families
- Cirque du Soleil Hits the Ice in London
- Spray-Paint Artists Shake Up Summer Festival Season
- Council Tapped to Fund Regional Internet Project
- London Restaurant Joins Growing Revolt Against Plastic Straws
- Medical Cannabis Producer INDIVA is Growing Like, Well, a Weed
- Enough of the Personal Attacks from Street Preachers
- Burke, Gee heading to Jamaica with Canadian under-18 track team
- Extended Bar Hours for World Cup
- FIFA Awards 2026 World Cup to North America
First-time Course gives High School Kids Dual Education in Math & Construction
Ribbon cutting ceremony at Medpoint’s newest location
City Council Briefs:
The Mayor and Council recognized the recipients of the City of London’s 2017 Awards of Excellence. The Bravo Awards of Excellence celebrate significant contributions City employees make to the workplace and the community.
The Mayor reinforced the City of London is committed to making every effort to provide alternate formats and communication supports for Council, Standing or Advisory Committee meetings and information, upon request. To make a request for any City service, please contact email@example.com or 519-661-2489 ext. 2425.
In other Council business:
Council received the 4th report of the Accessibility Advisory Committee (ACCAC). The Mayor was requested to organize a meeting with representatives from the ACCAC to discuss concerns raised and develop recommendations and next steps and report back to the Community and Protective Services Committee within 30 days.
Council directed administration to report back by fall 2018 with a proposed implementation plan and associated costs related to Naloxone kits at City-owned Automated External Defibrillator (AED) machines.
Council received the staff report regarding public messaging in the community and administration was directed to draft by-law amendments to the Public Nuisance By-law to regulate abusive or insulting language that unnecessarily interferes with the use and enjoyment of public space and amend the sound by-law to regulate amplified live speech.
Council directed civic administration to undertake the High Speed Rail Corridor Protection Study.
Council approved a proactive strategy to communicate and engage with homeowners, builders and developers in new subdivisions.
With all the recipients of London’s 2017 Bravo Awards of Excellence