An important step forward this week, as Youth Opportunities Unlimited unveiled the site of London’s Housing First emergency shelter for youth.
The site at 585 Clark Rd., when complete, will provide short term emergency housing for youth in our community alongside the support services needed to build a better future. This is an initiative supported by the City of London, a massive thank you to everyone who has worked to make this a reality.
This is more than a roof over someone’s head, it’s a safe place to learn, grow and thrive.
Elsewhere, the City of London ran through the Annual Emergency Exercise at our Emergency Operations Centre.
All partners worked seamlessly alongside each other through a drill train derailment. While we hope we never have to do this, it is so imperative for all community partners to be prepared.
Thank you to all City of London staff, London Police, the London Fire Department, London Hydro, CP Rail, LHSC, LTC, MLHU, The Upper Thames Conservation Authority and our EMS partners for always being at the ready and protecting us day in and day out.
Next weekend, we celebrate Canada Day. I hope you will enjoy one of the many celebrations in our great City.
Inside Emergency Operations Centre during the Annual Emergency Exercise
Events and Occasions:
- Meeting with David King
- Emergency Operation Centre Annual Exercise
- National Indigenous Peoples Day PowWow on the Green in Wortley Village
National Indigenous Peoples Day PowWow
- London's LifeSpin Celebrates 25 Years of 'Lifting People Up'
- Urban Agriculture Starting to Grow in London
- New Youth Shelter Planned for City's Northeast
- Kovacevic, FC London on a Major Winning Streak
- It's Kids Versus Cops in a Friendly Game of Lacrosse
- Londoners Take Part in Indigenous Solidarity Day Activities.
- Thousands of Blood Donations Needed By Canada Day
- Old Electronics? Take Them to Bud Gardens
- Craft Brewers Hop into Summer Festival Season
- Program Providing Healthy Snacks Seeks Sponsors
Aerial rendering of YOU's emergency youth shelter to be built at 585 Clark Rd