Londoners looking for information on Social Services, Parks and Recreation, Housing Services and Neighbourhood, Children and Fire Services will now be able to do so in one stop at the City’s new offices in Citi Plaza.
This new space will bring these services together in one location, allowing staff to collaborate and work side-by-side while providing essential services that Londoners rely on.
A key focus of City Council’s Strategic Plan is “Leading in Public Service.” Following this relocation, services will continue to be effectively delivered in a more efficient manner. To read more about our Strategic Plan, click here.
We also celebrated National Aboriginal Day this week with a pow wow on the green in Wortley Village. I was so pleased to see the number of Londoners who showed up to celebrate Indigenous culture. The event was spectacular and I would like to thank all of the organizers and volunteers who helped to make it a success.
Finally, as Canada Day approaches, I encourage everybody to stop by the 2nd floor of City Hall to fill out a sheet explaining why you are proud to be Canadian. All of the entries will be put into our Canada 150 time capsule. The capsule is periodically on display outside my office, but is making its way through our community so Londoners can participate.
The time capsule will be placed in the ground in Harris Park on Canada Day and will be dug up in 50 years for Canada’s 200th birthday.
There is only one week left until SesquiFest and all of the great activities that will be going on around London for Canada 150. For information on what’s happening in the city, visit www.canada150london.ca.
Opening the new City of London offices at Citi Plaza.
Speaking at the annual Life as a Refugee event.
- Middlesex-London Health Unit receives government funding to combat opioid crisis
- Kindness meter stolen from Victoria Park
- Teens charged in theft of Kindness meter
- Sale of industrial lands hit five-year high last year
- London Majors change date for annual Purple in the Park game
- London Cares Curb Hunger Food Drive brings in more than 21,000 kilograms of donations
- Londoner begins push for by-law against leaving dogs in hot vehicles
- Dash 7 to become teaching tool for aviation students at Fanshawe College
- Tricar looking to add another highrise in downtown London
- New escape room set up at Fanshawe Pioneer Village
- London school boards hiring more than 120 teachers
- LTC looking at new app aimed at rider safety
- Helmets on Kids Campaign to distribute 800 bike helmets
- Dash 4 Dad
- Meeting with Arima Ventin and Tracy LeClair of Allergan Inc.
- Annual Life as a Refugee Event
- Ribbon Cutting at new City of London offices at Citi Plaza
- National Aboriginal Day Pow Wow
- Lambeth Lawn Bowling Club 100th Anniversary Celebration
- Helmets on Kids Kick-Off Event
- Edgar & Joe’s Café Grand Opening
- Meeting with Matthew Piggott of CarSharing and Jay Stanford
- Meeting with Tariq Khan
- Meeting with Susan Horvath
- TD Branch Grand Opening
- Meeting with Chief Thomas of Munsee-Delaware Nation
- Opening Ceremony for Annual OPA Greek Festival
- 15th Anniversary Show Grand House Party
Kicking off Helmets on Kids at Ealing Public School.
Congratulations to the Lambeth Lawn Bowling Club on your 100th anniversary.