More exciting city building news this week, as we broke ground on the new East London Community Centre.
The new 42,000 square foot community centre will open in early 2019, boasting an indoor leisure and lap pool, gymnasium, community kitchen and artisan space.
This has been a long time coming for this community and we are thrilled to make this investment in East London.
Thank you to all the community partners who have made this a reality.
As we move forward with our plans for Dundas Place, we unveiled more design details and renderings.
Four blocks of Dundas, from Ridout St. to Wellington St. will be transformed into an outdoor entertainment space, hosting year-round arts and culture events.
This will be a welcome addition to our downtown as we work toward making London the best place to live, work and play. Details on Dundas Place can be found here.
We’re also looking forward to our Bus Rapid Transit system. Right now, our Shift team is taking a look at the options for the Richmond St. route. There are four different options as we implement bus only lanes.
For further details and the next steps for our BRT plan you can check out our Rapid Transit Implementation Working Group details here.
I hope this Saturday, November 11 you will join me at the Victoria Park Cenotaph to honour those who fought for our freedoms.
We are able to live the life we do because of those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
We remember them.
Ribbon cutting at Richmond Row Barakat Restaurant
- Veterans Memorial Parkway Ramps Open After a Year of Construction
- London Woman Devotes 50 Years to Hospital Service
- London and Area Works
- Western University Opens After-Hours Mental Health Walk-In Clinic
- Housing Starts for London-St. Thomas On Pace For Record
- “Long Overdue”: City Breaks Ground on New Community Centre
- Dundas Place Flex Street Unveiled
- London Snow Plows, Salt Trucks Ready to Tackle Winter
- Urban Design Award Winners
- Local Entrepreneurs Tapping Into Growing Demand for Craft Beer, Wine and Cider
- Better Business Bureau Awards Handed Out in London
- Partnership Helps Human Trafficking Victims
- Supervised Injections Sites Would Be “Better For Everyone”
- BRT Meetings, Workshops Begin
Events and Occasions:
- Byron-Springbank Legion Remembrance Day Parade
- Welcome Yazidi Newcomer Community Lunch
- Fire Service Women Ontario Annual Conference and Annual General Meeting
- Land of Harmony Choir and Chinese Ensemble
- Lambeth Legion Branch Remembrance Day Service
- Rotary’s 3rd Annual Community Mayor’s Breakfast
- Meeting with Keith Andrews, Terry Black and Robert Mitchell
- CBC Interview with Colin Butler
- CJBK Morning Roundtable Interview with Lisa Brandt
- CBC London Morning Interview with Rebecca Zandbergen
- City Hall Tour with Beal Secondary School ESL Class
- Ribbon Cutting at Barakat Richmond Row Restaurant
- Visit South Collegiate Grade 9 Geography Class
- Silver Saints Seniors Church Group Visit
- Visit at Manor Village Advanced Medical Group
- Ground Breaking at the East London Community Centre
- Meeting with Keith Andrews, Terry Black, Robert Mitchell and Jack Adams
- Cherry Hill Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Meeting with Scott Fortum of the Children’s Health Foundation
- Meeting with Ministry of Finance and LCBO Representatives About Cannabis Store Siting
- Rapid Transit Implementation Working Group
- Meeting with Hugh Mitchell and Reg Ash
- Meeting with Progress London
- Meeting with Oneida Nation of the Thames Chief Phillips, Councillor Ursula Doxtator, Councillor Clinton Cornelius and Councillor Justin Doxtator-Kechego
Breaking ground on the new East London Community Centre with Scott Stafford, Councillor van Holst, Councillor Armstrong and Lynne Livingston
At City Hall with the ESL Class from Beal Secondary School
At the Silver Saints Church Lunch Group
At the Cherry Hill Mall Remembrance Day Ceremony