A sign of hope this week from the Federal Government as we learned initial details of a National Housing Strategy.
In London, we have nearly 3,000 households waitlisted for affordable housing. Our partners in Ottawa unveiled a $40-billion plan to create more affordable housing, combat homelessness and maintain our current stock.
This comes after months and months of advocacy work from London and other municipalities through the Big City Mayor’s Caucus and the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
This is a benchmark investment, as we know that housing is key to lifting people out of poverty. I look forward to learning of how this funding will be downloaded to municipalities so we can enact real change.
As we try to move toward a safe and inclusive community, we continue with consultation on the possibility of Supervised Injection Sites.
I was fortunate enough to travel to East Hastings in Vancouver to visit the first Supervised Injection Site in Canada. This is ground zero for the drug crisis in our country.
There are so many change makers and inspiring stories in our amazing community. We recognized some of those people this week at the Pillar Community Innovation Awards. A most sincere congratulations to all the nominees and winners.
Thank you for striving to make our community better each and every day.
Advocacy Week meeting with members of the Western University Students’ Council
- Farm Equipment Dealer Moving, Expanding
- CBC London Sounds of the Season
- Mustangs vs. Laval: Clash of the Champions
- Golfers Car Raises Bar for London Food Bank
- Western University Transgender Studies Student Awarded Rhodes Scholarship
- How Small London Businesses Are Competing with the Big Guys on Black Friday
- Pharmacy Provides Funding to Continue Epilepsy Education
- London Community Committee Announced Start.ca’s New Year’s Eve in the Park
- CTV London and Area Works
- The London Clay Art Centre’s New 900 Sq. Ft. Mosaic Required A True Community Effort
Community Change Makers Honoured at 11th Annual Pillar Community Innovation Awards
Events and Occasions:
- Digital Creative Roundtable at the London Economic Development Corporation
- Meeting with the United Way and Ann Marie Astolfi
- Meeting with USC Members for Advocacy Week
- Meeting with Jessica Ashton
- Women in Business, Downtown Development and Agri-Food Roundtables at the Chamber of Commerce
- Meeting with Airshow London representatives; Jim Graham, Dave DeKelver and Michael Seabrooke
- Pillar Community Innovation Awards
- Western Board of Governors
- Grand Opening of the New Royal LePage Office
- Ontario West Municipal Conference
- Meeting with German Consul General Peter Fahrenholtz and Juergen Belle
- Visit Rick Hansen Public School
- Red Scarf Regional HIV/Aids Connection Benefit Concert
Kicking off the Red Kettle campaign with the Salvation Army
#RedScarf campaign in support of the Regional HIV/AIDS Connection
Meeting with German Consul General Peter Fahrenholtz and Juergen Belle
Opening the new Royal LePage Triland Offices in London’s SoHo Neighbourhood